Important COVID-19 Information
To our patients and referring doctors:
Our office is open to serve you! The community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep our patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your endodontic appointment. We made these changes to elevate protection of our patients and staff. For example:
- PRE-APPOINTMENT SCREENING QUESTIONAIRE FOR OUR STAFF AND PATIENTS: Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. Our staff will be screened daily as well.
- WASH YOUR HANDS PLEASE AND WEAR A MASK: We have hand sanitizer and face masks that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- RECEPTION AREA STERILIZATION: You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. The waiting area will be disinfected after each patient. Please arrive alone or only with an essential companion.
- SCHEDULING: Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We are also taking additional measures to disinfect our treatment rooms according to the new CDC recommendations. All of our products are EPA approved. Additionally, our staff will be required to wear more protection during your appointment.
- AIR PURIFICATION: We are implementing a medical grade, JADE Surgically Clean Air Purification system to clean, purify, and sterilize our indoor air.
- VIRTUAL APPOINTMENTS WITH THE DOCTOR: We are introducing Teledentistry to our office, which means that we can schedule a live virtual appointment for a introductory consultation or a limited follow-up examination.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation as we implement these adjustments to our office. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you. Please call or text our office at 757-499-9839.
Thank you for being our patient.
Dr. Ogden and Staff
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps